Local News

Infant rescued from burning home in Amarillo…

Fireman outside home where infant was saved. Photo: ABC7 News

An infant girl was rescued from a burning home in Amarillo.

Firefighters were called to a home in the 3400 block of SE 15th Street around 9 a.m. Thursday.

When they arrived, a frantic mother told firefighters her daughter was trapped in the house.

According to Jeff Justus with the Amarillo Fire Department, the parents broke out the window in an attempt to get the girl out.

A paramedic tried to help but was overwhelmed by the smoke.

Firefighters located the little girl’s bedroom and pulled the child out of her crib.

The child was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation, along with the paramedic.

Justus said the mom and another child made it out safely.

Several pets were also rescued.\

Written By: ABC7 News/Amarillo FD Press Release

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s