Accident

Gas leak prompts fire department response

A gas leak at a north Jasper residence prompted a response from Jasper firefighters on Thursday afternoon.

Emergency crews were sent to 507 Jackson Road at about 1:30 when Lily Jackson reported that she heard a “pop” noise when she turned on her gas oven, and then immediately the house filled with the smell of natural gas.

Fire department Captain Jack Armstrong said there was definitely a gas leak either inside or underneath the house, but they weren’t able to find it. He and other firemen disconnected the stove, while city Code Enforcement Officer Derrick Boykin turned off the gas at the meter outside.

A crew from Centerpoint Energy was requested to respond to the home to identify and rectify the problem.

Written by Steve Stewart

Categories: Accident

Tagged as: , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s