A variety of events to honor veterans will take place this week along with special freebies, discounts at eateries and retail stores!
BEAUMONT, Texas — Southeast Texans will celebrate Veterans Day across the area on Thursday, Nov. 11 and on. Here are a few of the events you can attend, as well as special offers and freebies in appreciation of those who’ve served.
- Spindletop Gladys City Boomtown Museum will celebrate Veterans Day with a display of military objects, uniforms, photos and other items from various wars on Nov. 11- Nov. 14.
- Vidor will celebrate Veterans Day Family Picnic at Claiborne West Park Pavilion 2 on Nov. 13 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. There will be food, music, yard games and vendors. It is presented by Southeast Texas Veterans4Veterans.
- The Lone Star Orchestra will celebrate a night of patriotism as they honor the nation and the veterans who’ve served and those who are currently serving it on Thursday Nov. 11 at 7:30 p.m. at the Oaks Event Center. Tickets are $30 at the door.
- Veterans Day service Thursday, Nov. 11 at Ben J. Rogers Visitor Center. It will begin at 11 a.m. with colors presented by the US Coast Guard and guest speaker Seth Wells, US Navy. The Port Arthur Marine Safety Unit will also be in attendance, along with Bishop David L. Toups giving the blessing, Constable Christopher Bates with the music and Brian Shajari, USCG with the bagpipes. Reception to follow, sponsored by American Valve & Hydrant and Vietnam Veterans of America, SETX Chapter #292.
- The Catholic Diocese of Beaumont will have their Annual Veterans Day Service on Thursday, Nov. 11 11:00 a.m. at Our Mother of Mercy Church. All active duty, reservist, or retired veterans of all branches of military are invited to come out and enjoy the festivities. A special salute by ROTC and a token of appreciation will be given to all veterans in attendance. It is sponsored by the Knights and Ladies of Peter Claver Council and Court 64.
- Bed Bath & Beyond – For active-duty U.S. military, Vets and Spouses, Bed Bath and Beyond is offering 25% off any in-store purchase on Nov. 11. Call or visit your nearest location for details.
- Buffalo Wild Wings –Veterans and service members get a free order of 10 boneless wings and fries. This offer is available for dine-in or takeout (online ordering excluded). Proof of service must be shown for redemption.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill – Active-duty personnel, veterans and first responders get 10% off every day at Carrabba’s with a valid ID.
- Chili’s – Veterans and active-duty service members get a free meal from a select menu on Nov. 11. Available for in-restaurant only.
- Denny’s – Veterans and active military personnel get a free Build Your Own Grand Slam on Nov. 11, from 5 a.m. to noon. Dine-in only.
- Dunkin’– Active-duty personnel and veterans can get a free doughnut of their choice on Thursday at participating Dunkin’ restaurants. There is no purchase necessary. The offer is available in-store only and no ID is required. Not available for orders placed using on-the-go mobile ordering through the Dunkin’ Mobile App.
- Great Clips – Veterans and active-duty military can visit a U.S. Great Clips salon on Nov. 11 to receive either a free haircut that day or a free haircut card to use at a later date. Visit the Great Clips website for details.
- Hooters – Active-duty personnel and veterans can get a free entrée from the Hooters Veterans Day menu on Thursday. Must present ID or proof of service and purchase a beverage.
- IHOP – Veterans and active-duty military are being offered FREE red, white and blue pancakes on Nov.11.
- James & Jon BBQ– is a veteran owned and operated small business that gives veteran and active duty discounts at their truck everyday with a valid ID. On Nov. 11, they’ll give all veterans and active military a free breakfast taco. Their tacos come standard on a flour tortilla with egg, cheese, and your choice of one protein. They will only be open for breakfast on Veteran’s Day, and will be closed for lunch to prepare for a private event
- Logan’s Roadhouse – Logan’s Roadhouse will be offering all Veterans a free American Roadhouse Meal From 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Nov. 11.
- Olive Garden – Free entrée from a special menu on Nov. 11 for each Veteran and current member of the military. Simply show proof of military service. Dine-in only. All entrées include freshly baked garlic breadsticks, and your choice of homemade soup or famous house salad.
- Red Lobster – Free Appetizer or Dessert for Veterans Day: In honor of Veterans Day, and to thank veterans, active duty military, and reservists for their service, Red Lobster is offering a free appetizer or dessert on Thursday, Nov. 11.
- Target – Target is offering all U.S. active-duty military personnel, Veterans and their families a 10% discount off the guest’s full basket. To receive the offer, guests must first demonstrate eligibility by registering at www.target.com/circle/military. After eligibility has been verified, an exclusive, one-time use 10% Target Circle offer will be available for the guest to use in-store or online.
- Texas Roadhouse – Texas Roadhouse will hand out dinner vouchers at the stores’ parking lots on Nov. 11, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Veterans and active-duty military can redeem their dinner vouchers when the restaurant opens for dinner, through May 30, 2022.
- Twin Peaks Restaurants – Twin Peaks will offer free entrée items from a special Veterans Day menu for veterans and active military service members.
- Sports Clips – Some locations will be offering free haircuts to Veterans and active-duty service members on Nov. 11. Visit the Sports Clips website for details and participating locations.
- Starbucks– Active-duty personnel and veterans can get a free tall (12-oz) hot brewed coffee at participating U.S. Starbucks stores. Offer valid on café and drive thru orders only. Limit one per customer.
- Walgreens –Military, Veterans, and their families receive 20% off eligible, regular-price purchases when using myWalgreens membership from Nov. 11-14.
Written by Lupita Villarreal