BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Due to the severity of Matthew Mire’s charges, he is now placed into maximum security at Angola, according to the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office.
BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – Matthew Mire, the suspect in a multi-parish crime spree has been booked into Ascension and Livingston Parish jail. Mire, made his first court appearance in East Baton Rouge where the judge denied bond.
His charges in Livingston Parish are:
- Theft of a Motor Vehicle
- Burglary from a Vehicle
- Two counts of Attempted First Degree Murder
- Home Invasion (Major Injuries)
His total bond for Livingston Parish is set at $290,000.
His charges in Ascension Parish are:
- Two counts of First Degree Murder
- Two counts of First Degree Murder/Attempt
- Flight from an Officer, Aggravated
- Illegal Use of Weapons or Dangerous Instrumentalities
- Home Invasion (Battery)
- Illegal Possession of Stolen Things $5 to $25K (Felony)
- Armed Robbery
His bond in Ascension Parish is currently set at $1 million.
Mire next court date in East Baton Rouge is set for Dec. 1.