Accident

Carbon monoxide leak at nursing home sends 5 to hospital; building partially evacuated

source google

BATON ROUGE – Several nursing home residents and workers fell ill after a carbon monoxide leak at a Baton Rouge facility Tuesday.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department said the incident was reported around 10:45 a.m. at the Sterling Place Nursing Home on North Boulevard. The department said at least five people, four residents and an employee, were taken to a hospital for treatment. 

The department said a Hazmat crew determined a boiler vent pipe was leaking carbon monoxide on the fourth floor of the facility. The entire floor was evacuated, and the boiler was shut off. 

The conditions of the victims are unknown at this time.

Written by WBRZ Staff

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s